This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and purchase something, I may make a small commission (at no cost to you!).
Slice of Life is a regular update on the latest in my life. This is where I write about my books, movies, tv, food, fashion, family or whatever subjects are on my mind that week. It’s just a little glimpse of my slice.
- Reading books on Instagram? I am not sure how I feel about this.
- My oldest child is in 2nd grade this year and we are starting to dive into allowing him a bit more freedom with electronic devices. But access to the internet and social or community aspects of different apps and games definitely scares me. This is one place I am looking for guidance on this issue.
- This interview with chef Evan Funke is really making me think about how I cook pasta.
- Amazon recently announced it’s first ever kindle for kids. (Ha, “welcome to kindlegarten.”) We have the Amazon Fire tablets for our kids, but we mostly read real books with them and plan on keeping it that way for at least a few more years.
- I could not be more excited for the cool Fall weather which has just arrived TODAY in Texas!
- Spooky weekend reading: Mindhunter.
New on the Blog:
10 Amazing Books You’ve (Probably) Never Heard Of – this round-up of titles is primarily books that are not new releases and are also not likely on your radar already.
6 Creepy Backlist Books to Read in October – need suggestions for some creepy good reads during the month of October? Look no further!