This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and purchase something, I may make a small commission (at no cost to you!).
Slice of Life is a regular update on the latest in my life. This is where I write about my books, movies, tv, food, fashion, family or whatever subjects are on my mind that week. It’s just a little glimpse of my slice.
- I have been experiencing a bit of a Stephen King Renaissance lately and reading through (listening through?) his Bill Hodges series (plus The Outsider which is an offshoot) on audio. I love this list of books Stephen King recommends.
- Hoping to make some of these Halloween treats soon!
- This post with some really good cute comfort shoe options is EVERYTHING.
- Last week, my youngest son was sick with strept throat and an ear infection. At first, I was so frustrated at the thought of getting behind on everything, but I finally gave in. I took almost a full day off to snuggle and care for him and you know what, the world is still turning. (And thank God for the PBS kids app.)
- We had some scary severe weather earlier this week and we are praying for and doing what we can for folks in our local community who were affected. Also, a beloved Indy bookstore in Dallas, Interabang Books, was completely destroyed. Let’s all plan a trip to their new location once they open to buy some books!
- Because of widespread power outages connected to the storms, my boys had the day off from school on Monday and spent the day enjoying the Fall weather outside and we also did some pumpkin carving. My youngest designed the one on the right, and I helped him carve it. Not sure why the pumpkin is crying, but my husband commented that maybe it is because it has a hole in its head?
New on the Blog:
Book Review: The Great Pretender: The Undercover Mission That Changed Our Understanding of Madness – read my review of this soon-to-be-released book by the author of Brain on Fire.
10 Amazing Books You’ve (Probably) Never Heard Of – this round-up of titles is primarily books that are not new releases and are also not likely on your radar already.
6 Creepy Backlist Books to Read in October – need suggestions for some creepy good reads during the month of October? Look no further!