This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and purchase something, I may make a small commission (at no cost to you!).
Slice of Life is a regular update on the latest in my life. This is where I write about my books, movies, tv, food, fashion, family or whatever subjects are on my mind that week. It’s just a little glimpse of my slice.
- Hello and Happy New Year! This article and approach to New Year’s Resolutions is SO on point.
- Super excited about these book to screen adaptations happening in 2020.
- One of our favorite Christmas gifts was this fun and simple card game that we have been playing a ton!
- On a fun-filled day of exploring this Holiday, I decided to opt for cute shoes (instead of supportive and comfortable) and I am now paying the price – foot pain! This is very frustrating and has me realizing I need to maybe invest in some nicer booties like these.
- I have been linking a ton of best of 2019 book lists on this post over the past couple weeks (plus my best of 2019 lists are here and here). But what about best books of the DECADE? A couple really good ones here and here.
- I did a post on my goals for 2020, but when I published it, I had not chosen my word for the year, yet. I have now decided it is going to be: COURAGE.
- Happy weekend! I hope yours is great….mine will probably be consumed by taking Holiday decorations down and playing catch-up on all the mundane tasks I set aside prior to the break.
- Weekend reading: The Institute
New on the Blog:
6 Ways I Plan on Finding Balance in the New Year – a few small goals, that I hope will have a big impact on my plans for world domination in 2020.
Recipe: Holiday Banana Bread – seriously, the BEST banana bread recipe known to man. It’s famous in my family and tastes like my childhood!
Best Books of 2019: New Releases – I split my “Best Books of 2019” lists into two installments and this was the second which focuses only on the crazy good books I read in 2019 that were also PUBLISHED in 2019.
Recipe: Chicken Pesto Naan Bread Pizza – A great recipe for making homemade pizza without having to make homemade pizza dough.
Best Books of 2019: Back List Books – These are my favorite back list (or older, non-new release) books that I read this year.