This Iced Irish coffee cocktail came to me the other day when I was pouring out the extra hot coffee from the coffee pot. I despise waste and one of the best ways to re-use coffee is to pop it in the fridge and chill it. Then, in the afternoon you can enjoy your iced coffee with little to no prep work needed.
But the other day I was thinking that our regular Friday afternoon cocktail hour needed a little revving up….and I decided an Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail would be just the ticket.
And so I popped a couple cups of hot coffee into a large mason jar, sweetened it with a couple tablespoons of sugar and put it in the fridge to chill.
Then, for cocktail hour, I put together this lovely concoction of coffee, baileys and Irish whiskey.
It is such a yummy and refreshing iced Irish coffee cocktail for sipping outside on a warm spring day OR by the cozy fire. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day (or any day)!
A Word About the Ingredients
I like a little sweetener so I add sugar to the coffee while it’s still hot, allow it to dissolve and then pop it in the fridge. If you don’t want to add sugar while the coffee is hot (or you forget), you can always sweeten the cocktail with simple syrup or even artificial sugar (I like liquid Stevia drops.)
I just use the leftovers from my morning coffee. We like it strong!
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy!
Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail
- 4 oz chilled coffee sweetened
- 1 oz Irish Whiskey such as Jameson
- 1 oz Cream Liqueor such as Bailey's Irish Cream
Chilled Sweetened Coffee
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Brew hot coffee and pour into glass jar.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
To Mix Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Add ice to small cocktail glass (about 6-8 ounce glass).
- Add whiskey and irish cream liqueur.
- Add sweetened coffee. Enjoy!