This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and purchase something, I may make a small commission (at no cost to you!).
Slice of Life is a regular update on the latest in my life. This is where I write about my books, movies, tv, food, fashion, family or whatever subjects are on my mind that week. It’s just a little glimpse of my slice.
- These Twitter book jokes are hilarious, but I think #12 is my fave.
- Will Pinterest soon be flooded with mutton recipes?
- Holiday giving guides are everywhere right now. Loving this and this list of cookbooks for the foodies in your life.
- 2019 has been a great year for books. Here and here are some pretty awesome “best of 2019” lists. I am putting one together that will be coming out in two installments: 1. Best Backlist Books I Read in 2019 and 2. Best New Release Books I Read in 2019. Stay tuned!
- The race is on to Christmas. Except if you have school-age kids, it’s more like the race is on until the kids get out of school for the Holidays. I try and have all errands done, presents wrapped and most of the cooking prepped by the time they get out of school. That way, once that day comes I can (mostly) sit back and enjoy. It doesn’t always happen, but it is THE PLAN. What is your Holiday attack strategy?
- Currently binging on Netflix: New season of The Crown
- Plans for the weekend include finishing our house Christmas decorations, cleaning out and organizing my kids toys and bookshelves, and getting in the Holiday spirit by starting: Last Christmas in Paris
New on the Blog:
9 “Off the Beaten Path” Books for the Holidays – I don’t normally enjoy the “typical” Holiday read, so I put together this list of Holiday books that is maybe a little more “off the beaten path.”
Reading Report: November’s Best Books – November was an amazing reading month for me with three books I gave my highest rating!
Nonfiction Books on My “To Be Read” List – Sadly, Nonfiction November wrapped up without me reading even one nonfiction book. That did not stop me from adding all of these nonfiction books to my TBR!
Recipe: Leftover Turkey Mac & Cheese Casserole – I did not post any Thanksgiving recipes. Instead, I decided to go straight for the leftovers with this super yummy way to re-purpose all. that. turkey.
How I Plan to Have a Minimalist Holiday This Year – Read my list of items I plan on focusing on to avoiding inevitable Holiday overwhelm.