This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and purchase something, I may make a small commission (at no cost to you!).
Slice of Life is a regular update on the latest in my life. This is where I write about my books, movies, tv, food, fashion, family or whatever subjects are on my mind that week. It’s just a little glimpse of my slice.
- Two words: circus cats.
- I love this and this post on items to get at Trader Joes. MY favorite item to buy is their plaintain chips.
- Working on my holiday “to be read” list and love this collection of titles. Typically, these lists contain romance-y books, and those are not really my jam. My list of nontraditional titles for your Holiday TBR is coming soon!
- The dry winter weather is wreaking havoc on my skin. Who knew dry skin remedies could start in the shower?
- The National Book Awards was this week. Congratulations to the winners.
- Weekend plans: Thanksgiving prep, college football watching, and finishing up This Tender Land.
New on the Blog:
How I Plan to Have a Minimalist Holiday This Year – Read my list of items I plan on focusing on to avoiding inevitable Holiday overwhelm.
Book Review: AFTER THE FLOOD by Kassandra Montag – My review of what I think is the best debut novel of 2019!
Recipe: “After the Flood” Shrimp Tacos – Easy, healthy and yummy book-inspired recipe good for weeknights or any night!
Two Peas in a Pod: Nonfiction, Fiction Books That Just Go Together for #NonficNov – continuing the Nonfiction November game with some fun book pairings.