This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and purchase something, I may make a small commission (at no cost to you!).
Slice of Life is a regular update on the latest in my life. This is where I write about my books, movies, tv, food, fashion, family or whatever subjects are on my mind that week. It’s just a little glimpse of my slice.
- I have my eye on this sweater.
- I am searching for some good Turkey day salads. This and this one are on my list.
- Nonfiction November is in full swing. It’s such a great way to find out about the best nonfiction titles. See my #NonficNov posts including nonfiction book lists here and here.
- Cooler temperatures and Fall food is taking its toll on my waistline. I just don’t move around as much in the Fall/Winter and then there is all the yummy food that is around. I am loving these workouts for days when it’s too cold to run outside.
- I just started adding this to my morning coffee and/or afternoon tea. (Check out health benefits here.)
- Has your house been hit by cold and flu season? So far, we have remained pretty healthy, but I am looking at incorporating some of these natural remedies to help us stay that way.
- We spent a long weekend at our little East Texas farm last weekend. There was plenty of outdoor fire sitting, dutch oven cooking and family time!
New on the Blog:
Book Review: AFTER THE FLOOD by Kassandra Montag – My review of what I think is the best debut novel of 2019!
Recipe: “After the Flood” Shrimp Tacos – Easy, healthy and yummy book-inspired recipe good for weeknights or any night!
Two Peas in a Pod: Nonfiction, Fiction Books That Just Go Together for #NonficNov – continuing the Nonfiction November game with some fun book pairings.
Reading Report: October Reading – check out this first of my newest series on the blog: a monthly post highlighting my most recent reads.