This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and purchase something, I may make a small commission (at no cost to you!).
Slice of Life is a regular update on the latest in my life. This is where I write about my books, movies, tv, food, fashion, family or whatever subjects are on my mind that week. It’s just a little glimpse of my slice.
- I either need one of these or I want to BE one. I can’t decide.
- The city of Venice (canals and all) made out of gingerbread!
- The new year is approaching and the past few years, I have started out by having a “dry January.” (No wine or alcohol for the whole month.) I usually also kick my working out up a notch and work on re-establishing my normal healthy eating habits (they seem to take a hiatus between Thanksgiving and New Years Eve). This article on fasting has me looking at how I could incorporate it into my daily routine come Jan 1.
- I always do more cooking than baking although this time of year is the exception. When I do bake, I am so thankful for a couple things: my Kitchenaid mixer and this blog (my go-to site for baking).
- One of the toughest aspects for online security I find is password management. We just got this service for helping manage all our online account passwords.
- Goodreads announced their 2019 Reader’s Choice Awards.
- Weekend plans: Holiday celebrating with family and friends! It begins!
New on the Blog:
Recipe: Chicken Pesto Naan Bread Pizza – A great recipe for making homemade pizza without having to make homemade pizza dough.
Best Books of 2019: Back List Books – These are MY favorite books of the year which I am releasing in two groups: back list (older, non-new release titles) and new release books. Stay tuned for my “Best of 2019: New Releases” list which comes out next week!
9 “Off the Beaten Path” Books for the Holidays – I don’t normally enjoy the “typical” Holiday read, so I put together this list of Holiday books that is maybe a little more “off the beaten path.”
Reading Report: November’s Best Books – November was an amazing reading month for me with three books I gave my highest rating!