Here’s another Top Ten Tuesday linkup hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is Page to Screen, so below are my selections of books that were made into movies or TV shows. Most were ones I loved with a few outliers thrown in.
- Poldark – LOVE LOVE LOVE these books by Winston Graham and the BBC adaptation.
- Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly – I know everyone likes the one with Colin Firth, but this is my fave.
- True Grit with Jeff Bridges – I adore this book and loved the Coen brothers adaptation although I also have a special place in my heart for the version starring The Duke.
- The English Patient – This is a great book, but I maybe love the movie even more. I know, that is a cardinal sin of the bookish world. Sorry.
- Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings trilogy – brilliant books that were also amazing on screen.
- The Help – really liked this book but the movie was just ok. There were some amazing performances, though, especially Octavia Butler and also Jessica Chastain.
- The Road – this is one of my all-time favorite books. The movie was…not great.
- Lonesome Dove – another of my all-time favorite books. The mini-series from the 1980s is also one of my favorite movies of all time.
- High Fidelity – this is a favorite movie and (gasp) I have never read the book. I have heard that it is good, and it has been on my TBR forever. I am counting it.
- Silence of the Lambs – is there a better horror movie or book? Maybe but this one (book AND movie) is a classic.