Broccoli and chicken are covered with a creamy sauce and then topped with shredded cheese and buttered cracker crumbs. It's the perfect casserole for a crowd or a family dinner (with leftovers)!
- 3 large (about 1.5-2 lbs) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or shredded
- 3 to 4 heads broccoli, uncooked fresh, chopped into florets (or frozen)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar
- 10-12 crackers (saltines, butter crackers, etc.) pulverized into crumbs
- 2-3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 10 1/2 ounce cans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, from about half a lemon
Spread broccoli in bottom of casserole pan.
Spread chicken evenly over broccoli.
Mix sauce ingredients together.
Pour sauce over chicken.
Cover with shredded cheese.
Sprinkle cracker crumbs over the top of cheese and drizzle with melted butter.
Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes, taking cover off for the last 10 minutes to finish.
- Fresh broccoli is best but can use frozen. If using fresh, put it in raw (uncooked) and if using frozen, do not thaw first.
- If needed, can use bottled lemon juice and canned shredded chicken (2 large cans).
- Any crackers will do although I prefer using saltines or butter crackers. You could also use breadcrumbs or potato chips.
- I always use cheddar but you could substitute your favorite cheese.
- This makes a very large casserole - fills a deep 10x15 casserole dish. You could easily cut the recipe in half and make a smaller dish.